We are able to offer children a high quality dining experience that helps develop an understanding of healthy eating, independence and social skills. Our hot school dinners are cooked fresh on site by our kitchen staff.
Reception children eat in the small hall and have support from their class teaching assistant and dedicated lunchtime assistants. Hot dinners for years 1 – 6 are served in the Harbour Hall and children who bring in packed lunches eat together in the Pier Hall.
From September 2014 all children in Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 2 will be entitled to a free school dinner each day.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
We receive additional funding (Pupil Premium) for every child who successfully applies for free school meals. This funding is essential to us as a school. If you think your child is eligible for free school meals please apply – even if they are in reception, year 1 or year2 and receiving a universal free school meal. Children who qualify for pupil premium are offered a free place at an extra curricular sports club of their choice each term. For further information please see Janine Ashman, Deputy Headteacher.