Unlocking Excellence English Hub, based at St Peter’s Church of England Primary School in Portishead, is one of 34 English Hubs designated by the Department for Education. We primarily work with schools in Bristol, BANES, North Somerset and parts of Somerset.
Our three main aims are to support schools to deliver excellent teaching in age-appropriate Systematic Synthetic Phonics (SSP), early language development and develop a love of reading.
Our work with schools includes:
- Developing and delivering phonics showcases to share strong practice
- Supporting schools to complete (and then review) action plans
- Carrying our early reading audits with school Reading Leaders and Senior Leaders
- Supporting some schools to buy in phonics resources (eligibility criteria applies)
- Providing staff CPD and medium level support for schools
- Working with our Literacy Specialists to support their work in our partnership schools
For futher information, please click on the link below: