Travel to School
As a school we are committed to supporting and encouraging:
- safer travel to school
- healthier travel to school
- eco-friendly travel to school
- community friendly travel to school
To ensure the safety of all of our pupils we ask that if you live within the walking or cycling distances of St Peter’s that you, wherever possible, use these forms of transport to get into school.
As a school we encourage all pupils to walk, scoot or ride to school by:
- Having secure bike and scooter at all entrances to the school.
- Providing all of our year 5 children with free cycling proficiency training
- Providing all children with road safety training.
Many of our families signed up for our 'WOW' Walk or Wheel to school pledge, in the last school year, and we will be continuing to develop this initiative in the year ahead.
If you really have to drive to school we ask that you use one of our many Park and Stride points. This helps us to ensure that the roads immediately around the school site are kept safe for our pupils and families who are walking to school.
Our Park and Stride points are situated around Portishead and have been kindly supported by local businesses in our community.
A list of current businesses, who have pledged their support are:
· Aldi Car Park
· Roath Road Car Park
· The Poacher Pub Car Park (10 spaces)
· Folk Hall Car Park (10 spaces)
Please always park considerately.