Travel to School
As a school we are committed to:
- Ensuring that all our pupils can travel to school safely
- Reducing the amount of car journeys to school
- Ensuring that our neighbours are not affected by parents who choose to drive to school
To ensure the safety of all of our pupils we ask that if you live within the walking or cycling distances of St Peter’s that you, wherever possible, use these forms of transport to get into school.
As a school we encourage all pupils to walk, scoot or ride to school by:
- Having secure bike and scooter at all entrances to the school.
- Providing all of our year 5 and 6 children with the opportunity to receive free cycle training within school time.
- Providing all children with road safety training.
If you really have to drive to school we ask that you use one of our many Park and Stride points. This helps us to ensure that the roads immediately around the school site are kept safe for our pupils and families who are walking to school.
Our Park and Stride points are situated around Portishead. They are currently:
The Folk Hall Carpark – morning only
Cross at High Street pedestrian crossing and access school via High Street carpark. Approx. 3 minutes walk to school.
Gordano Gate (Brewsters) – morning and afternoon
Cross at pelican crossing , walk across the blue bridge and come to school via Brampton Way. Approximately 10 minutes walk to school.
Homebase Carpark - morning and afternoon.
Cross at pelican crossing , walk across the blue bridge and come to school via Brampton Way. Approximately 8 minutes walk to school.
Lidl/ Travelodge/ Subway Carpark - morning and afternoon
Walk down ‘yellow road’ at the back of Homebase, cross at pelican crossing , walk across the blue bridge and come to school via Brampton Way. Approximately 15 minutes walk to school.
Due to ongoing Covid measures, the parent carpark (Mathisons/rear carpark) is closed for parking, and all parents/carers are requested to walk wherever possible, and if driving is essential, to park safely in the school vicinity, paying particular attention to the current road closures.